martes, 2 de diciembre de 2008

Star Wars Madrid

Back again! It was very hard to choose one picture of this exhibition ( until 15th March 2009 - Paseo de la Castellana 24 - metro Plaza de Castilla - Madrid- tickets 12 euros by the way).
I went with some friends and soon I discovered that everyone has preferences for one (and only one) character of the saga. Soon I discovered myself imaging my friends dressed up as their favourites characters...mmm...if you are reading this post...no hard feelings...well, I wonder why anybody wants to be identified with Jabba el Hutt!!??!!..., I have my preferences too!, like R2D2!.
With R2D2 I have a special relationship. I met the actor (yes, there was an actor inside the robot) thrice while I was living in London (I have some signings (which I don't have any intention to sell in e-bay) and dedicated pictures). His name is Kenny Baker and he seemed an extremely fair man when we met. It's the only actor who actually works in all the chapters of Star Wars. Also I remember there was a smaller replica from Lego o Mecano that you could connect to your Pc and direct with the camera supplied.

The exhibition itself is not the same I saw in London years ago. This is less interactive (unless you consider interactive 20 xbox 360 with the newest christmas SW game) and quite challenging to picture as most of the "relics" are behind glass with poor lightning. All in all I consider it mets the expectations of children and general public.
Another remark is the shop. Nothing that you can find in your nearest Carrefour, toys r us,... except the Tshirts (18 euros for a "may the force be with you" and a back and shoulder print of the SW logo). I bought one (which I intend to sell on e-bay) for the record.
Special mention to the "Jedi's School"!!!. In a dark room, next to the main entrance, padawans and wannaby jedis may find enlightment from two Jedi masters, and they take this matter seriously. I tried to join but I was told that I'm too old to learn the path of the Jedis (well, everyone 18+ is apparently), so my party and me decided to try the "dark side" in an Irish bar nearby!!...sith!....I mean...sigh!

3 comentarios:

sulaco dijo...

Yo he visto varias de las reliquias en el National Museum of American History en Washington. Las tenían junto a un sombrero de Lincoln lo cual me hizo alucinar. Mi favorito de toda la vida también es R2D2, el más intelectual de todos los protagonistas

mondragon lasombra dijo...

Dejate de facebook y actualiza mas hombre :D

La expo, yo no la vi en directo pero tus fotos fueron casi mucho mejor que una visita ^^

M dijo...

Sulaco: R2D2 es el unico que sabe de que va la historia.
Mondragon: gracias,ya subire alguna mas.