viernes, 19 de diciembre de 2008

Mama, me voy a Londres!


By public demand here starts a quick reference list of websites, ideas and suggestions when you have decide to move there and still it is not too LATE ( I mean, you are not already there).
1. LEARN ENGLISH!!!!:
If you can not understand this post without a dictionary, I have to be honest here, you are going to have a rough time in England... oh! yes! you have a friend who was there last summer and had a great time because all his/her friends were Spanish/foreigners and worked in a Spanish/foreign restaurant and bla, bla, bla... BULLSHIT MY DEAR! And if that is the case, why the heck are you going there???? To improve your Spanish/ another foreign language??? To save money in a fifth class crap job???
Truth is, the better your level of SPOKEN ENGLISH the better the job, the experience and the boyfriends/girlfriends you will get there.
One last issue about this point. If your English teacher does not teach the lesson almost ENTIRELY IN ENGLISH you are wasting your money and time. Buy a ticket to Gatwick, pack your stuff and go (among other things I am a qualified English Tutor and I know whot I'm talking about...sigh!)
2. PRINT THIS POST:
It's full of info (I hope) . Make 2-3 photocopies and stuff them in your backpack, jeans, etc.
By the way, feel free to copy-paste the picture. It took me an hour to find and arrange the essential items you will need there. Then feel free to zoom in and check the objects (as you probably has discovered, the most important item is the Teddy Bear! Do not leave him behind! You will need it!) .
3.GETTING THERE:
These are only the basics, ok?
Tip!: Check the official airport websites (I don't have time to include them here yet)
FLYING
London has five airports.
a. Heathrow airport.
West location. Metro: Piccadilly Line
b. Gatwick airport.
South location. No metro. Trains to London Bridge, Victoria, King's Cross,... shuttle bus to Victoria coach Station (200 metres away from Victoria Trai Station
c. Luton airport.
North Location. No metro. Trains to Kings'Cross. Shuttle bus
d. Stanstead airport.
North Location. No metro. Trains to Kings'Cross. Shuttle bus
e. City airport
East London. Shuttle bus to Metro (Docklands rail and Jubilee line in Canary Wharf Sattion)
AIRLINES:
I ususally fly with Low cost: Easyjet and Ryanair. Mid week tickets are cheaper than weekends. Get morning flights, please. Even if they are 20 euros more expensive. You don't know the city yet.
BY BUS:
National Coach will get you to Victoria Station from Madrid- Mendez Alvaro in 29 hours only (I know it too well).
BY CAR:
Are you joking??
...Have you read up to this so far?? Well ,I need a cup of tea... I'll write back soon.I promise...
...Uhm I haven't written anything since last week for a reason but this is off topic...sigh

No hay comentarios: